A new course on gamification, TIE-40306 Gamification: A Walkthrough of How Games Are Shaping Our Lives, will be organized for the first time this spring. On the course top experts on gamification will introduce different aspects to the phenomenon that is increasingly apparent and significant in our lives. Description of the course can be found in the study guide.
The course gives a broad overview of how games and game-related technologies shape our lives. The course enables the student to understand and analyze the pervasiveness of games and game-related technologies in different domains of culture and society, how they affect and shape our behaviors and interactions with the world.
After completing the course, the students has an overview of e.g. the following topics:
- Relevant terminology and background of gamification
- Theoretical background, e.g. psychological and behavior change related aspects of gamification
- Design aspects related to gamification
- Topical areas of
- Virtual and game economies
- eSports and other forms of games as work
- Gamification of media
- AR and VR technologies
- Gamification of health
- Gamification of education
Registration to the course is open until 2.3.2018! Welcome to join!
Jonna Koivisto (teacher responsible)