EASI-CLOUDS project won an award at ITEA-Artemis co-summit! For more information about the award see: https://itea3.org/co-summit-2015/itea-awards-of-excellence-1.html
The mission of the EASI-CLOUDS project was to develop advanced cloud technologies. The vision has been that customers can compare, select and buy computing as any other utility. EASI-CLOUDS developed technologies for that – especially brokering, federation and SLA negotiation.
The project also won an excellence award in Business Impact: https://itea3.org/co-summit-2015/itea-awards-of-excellence-1.html
The project had partners from six countries (Finland, France, Germany, Egypt, Korea and Egypt) and the Finnish consortium consisted of TUT, University of Helsinki, F-Secure, Leonidas Oyj, Innofactor, and GearShift.
TUT team work on two goals that both relate to application and service creation:
- Cloud-based software development. We utilized the our existing asset, CoRED/MIDEaaS and intagrated it with technologies developed by other partners. For instance in Figure 1, CoRED has been integrated with a billing service created by a German partner ORGA. Another example is continuous deployment pipe line that uses cloud technologies developed in France.
- Service composition system for end-users.
As a result of the project we have
- New international contacts and experience.
- Increased competence in Cloud Computing and an Open Stack based cloud installation that can be used in further R&D projects.
- The continuous deployment pipeline is utilized in later projects, especially Need-for-Speed.
- Several publications.
- One master thesis and two doctoral thesis by project members were defended by the team during the project.
Alumni of the project in alphabetical order: Farshad Ahmadighohandizi, Otto Hylli, Samuel Lahtinen, Janne Lautamäki, Tommi Mikkonen, Anna Ruokonen, Tiia Suvanto, Kari Systä.
For more information contact Kari Systä.